Notes on submitting
- Submissions will be denied if they do not follow the guidelines on the "ABOUT" and "GET INVOLVED" pages.
- If your submission is denied, you will be contacted regarding the reason. You may resubmit if the reasons for denial are addressed.
- Your piece may be posted anonymously, but in order to submit it, you will be required to share an email address with the editor of this page.
- You may also use this form to ask general questions.
- At this time, this website does not support document uploads. It is recommended that you type your piece in a word processing program and then copy and paste the text into the Submission/Question box below.
- Must be original work that you own/have created or have permission to publish.
- Must raise/address a substantial question, issue, or topic that requires in-depth analysis or discussion. If you can argue your point in a few sentences or a few short paragraphs, you may need to dive deeper, provide more proof/examples, or expand and explain your arguments.
- Can and should contain opinion/perspective, but should be about a larger idea relating to BMX culture and politics as a whole. Biographies, rants, and short anecdotes are not substantial enough to warrant a post.
- Responses, of either criticism and/or praise are welcome, but must be written within thoughtful and substantive statements regarding the article and its ideas. Your statements should contribute or redefine ideas within a piece, not simply agree or disagree with them. If you wish to add to a piece, take your time and explain yourself.
- Overall, the expectation is that pieces will be longer than usual magazine articles, organized with a thesis and supporting ideas, and have evidence, supporting facts, and/or examples to prove their points. Do not be surprised if submissions are returned with notes and suggestions!